Wednesday April 19,
Week 8
This week I attended the bible study which was from 6-8.The way she held bible study was very different than most or the ones I have attended. It was immensely personal; in a sense, it allowed people to be intentional and personal with one another, not like your regular bible study where you come in, greet people, sit down and listen to the lesson. This bible study allowed people to come together and fellowship, not just to learn. In the beginning of the bible study, the members ate food prepared by one another. Through this, they were able to talk with one another and discover what was going on in their lives. Following the meal, Pastor Eileen brought an eraser board in which they wrote the names of those who needed prayer. I was definitely intrigued by this approach because most of the time pastor’s write them down themselves, but she gave the people an opportunity to write the names and pray for those in need as well. There is so much power in prayer and I am happy that they make use of the opportunity to pray for one another.
Week 8
This week I attended the bible study which was from 6-8.The way she held bible study was very different than most or the ones I have attended. It was immensely personal; in a sense, it allowed people to be intentional and personal with one another, not like your regular bible study where you come in, greet people, sit down and listen to the lesson. This bible study allowed people to come together and fellowship, not just to learn. In the beginning of the bible study, the members ate food prepared by one another. Through this, they were able to talk with one another and discover what was going on in their lives. Following the meal, Pastor Eileen brought an eraser board in which they wrote the names of those who needed prayer. I was definitely intrigued by this approach because most of the time pastor’s write them down themselves, but she gave the people an opportunity to write the names and pray for those in need as well. There is so much power in prayer and I am happy that they make use of the opportunity to pray for one another.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home