Sunday, March 19, 2006

Nashira Williams
Week 5
March 16,2006


I am absolutely grateful for the meeting I went to this week. A man came in to talk about investments. As of now they have made several investments and have done fairly well. He also introduced some others ways of investments for instance mutual funds and cds. Although they weren't interested, I certainly was; my sister and I plan to start a mutual fund and my parents are also going to give us one to pay for housing when we get married. Once we get out of schooling, my sister and I want to sell real estate and start a family business so the funds from those investments will be useful. However, the church wasn't interested in those type of investments due to their building plan. They pray to begin very soon, once they find the right land.

Furthermore, the pastors husband, Don Spence, was very knowledgable about finance in general. He aknowledge that it is very helpful to have people in the church who are very versitile and can contribute to the church growth. I think sometime we think of church we think that we need a worship leader, a childrens leader, etc, but we forget about the business matters which has to be one of the most difficult and strenuous aspects of being a pastor.

I must say that the meeting was quite long because there were so many different things to dicipher. Pastor Spence was so gracious to let me take some information so that I can learn and prosper as well. That is what I call building a community. I can't remember the exact words nor the scripture but it refers to, build them up in the way in which they should go.
Well God Bless and may your praticums be just as prosperous!

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Nashira! I finally found you! It sounds like you had an interesting meeting. Maybe I should let you teach me a thing or two about investing money. You're right about the buisness part of the ministry, I think we do underestimate it.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home